Congested sinuses? Running nose? Headache and dizziness? Itchy, red, and watery eyes? Sneezing? Asthma-like attacks? It’s clear: you’re allergic to either dust, pollen, grass, or pets.
You can’t control the environment, but you can do something better: take a natural approach to heal your body. Instead of taking harmful drugs that mess up your system and don’t help you much, turn to old, good, harmless natural remedies. Maybe they don’t act as fast a chemical, but they are great and safe on the long-term.
1. Clean Up Your Diet
Diary, white sugar, refined flour and oil, coffee, alcohol build up toxins in your body, weaken the immune system, promote and increase inflammation, overproduce mucus and create a proper field for allergies.
Reducing and eliminating these types of food, you will improve your digestion, immunity, balance cortisol and histamines levels, and reduce the incidence of allergies.
Instead, eat more fruits and vegetables, especially raw (as juices, salads, smoothies), take vitamin C, etc.
2. Introduce Anti-Inflammatory Foods
There are many fruits, vegetables, seeds, and fish which are known to reduce inflammation: berries, blueberries, blackberries, red grapes, blackcurrant, carrots, pumpkin, mango, papaya, avocado, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, salmon, herring, sardines, etc.
3. Clear Your Nose and Sinuses
- Saline water will flush out the nasal passages and sinuses of allergens and will soothe irritation. Use a simple solution of saline water: mix 1 teaspoon of sea salt or Himalayan salt in a glass of water. Pour the saline water into the right palm, press the left nostril with your fingers and with the right nostril inhale the saline water deep into the sinuses. Then let go the left nostril and flush out the saline water through the right nostril. The pour saline water in your left palm, cover the right nostril, inhale the water through the left nostril, then let go of right nostril pressure and flush out the water through the left nostril. Repeat, alternatively, for 5 times or more, if you need.
- Saline water with Eucalypt and Tea tree oil: do the same procedure, but in the saline water add 1 drop of Eucalypt essential oil and 1 drop of Tea tree essential oil.
4. Cleanse the Lymphatic system and Boost Immunity
Apple Cider Vinegar reduces mucous production in your body and cleanses the lymphatic system. At the same time, it boosts your metabolism, regulates your digestion and intestinal flora, detoxifies and maintains the pH balance in your body.
Drink 3 times a day a glass of water with 1 teaspoon of organic, raw apple cider vinegar.
5. Use Herbal Remedies for Allergies
Herbs like nettle, burdock, butterbur, rosemary, goldenrod, peppermint, licorice, heartsease (Wild Pansy), cardamom, cinnamon are the most potent anti-allergenic plants you can use to heal and soothe your allergies.
Mix some of these herbs and make a tea. Drink 3-4 times a day.
6. Use Ayurvedic Herbs for allergies
Guduchi has been used in the Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years to reduce inflammation, strengthen the immune system, cure colds, reduce stress and stress-related diseases, soothe skin problems, detoxify liver, blood, lymph.
Ginger – detoxifies lymph, flushes out mucus, improves digestion and relieves allergies. It is a natural antihistaminic.
Ginkgo Biloba – reduces inflammation, decongests sinuses and lymph, and is a natural antihistaminic.
Turmeric – is a powerful antihistaminic, anti-inflammatory, decongestant, and anti-allergenic, reduces cortisol, and purifies lymph.
7. Try Acupuncture
Another Oriental holistic approach is acupuncture uses precise points from the energetic meridians of our body to stimulate and relieve allergy, reduce cortisol, stress, histamine production, inflammation, and detoxify lymph, liver, and blood.
8. Drink Pineapple Juice
Pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain which is known to reduce inflammation due to overproduction of histamines. It is highly recommended for allergy, as a natural anti-histaminic.
9. Use HEPA filters
Attach high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters to your vacuum cleaner, air conditioner, air purifier, and heating system to minimize and ease allergy symptoms. Especially if you have an allergy to your pets (cats or dogs hair) and to dust, these type of filters will make your life and health better.
Also, change your air conditioning air filter from your car.
10. Consume Probiotics
Probiotics (friendly bacteria) restore the health of your gut, balances your immune system, boost metabolism and digestion. A healthy intestinal flora reduces the incidence of allergies.
Probiotics can be found as supplements, such as Nutriflair Probiotics with 50 Billion CFU and 10 different strains.
Or you can consume fermented foods and drinks such as Kefir, yogurt, sauerkraut, or Kombucha.